The Chief Minister of Delhi has launched the Water Bill Settlement Scheme for 2024. Under this effort, the Delhi State Government hopes to assist all permanent residents who have inflated water bills by establishing a debt settlement mechanism. Eligible individuals who have received faulty or inflated water bills can benefit from this scheme, which allows them to pay their outstanding debts at a lower rate than the original cost. You get every necessary information regarding this scheme.
Water Bill Settlement Scheme
The Delhi government is ready to implement a one time water bill settlement scheme to relieve lakhs of people of their water bills. Under this approach, people’s bills will be produced anew. Under this scheme, all Delhi water users would be able to settle their overdue bills in one single sum.
Following the adoption of the scheme, bills will be issued based on water customer’s meter readings. Only this will be considered the correct bill. Customers will be responsible for paying the bill based on this. After the implementation of the scheme, the bills of about 6.40 lakh consumers would be nil. The scheme is estimated to generate a total income of INR 2500 crore for the Delhi government. To profit from this scheme, applicants must fill out an application form.
Overview of Water Bill Settlement Scheme
|Water Bill Settlement Scheme 2024
|State Government of Delhi
|To resolve the excessive water bills issue
|04 February 2024
Objective of Water Bill Settlement Scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to aid those who have received erroneous water bills from the government. Residents of Delhi with permanent residency who have received inflated water bills are entitled to fill out the application form to take benefit of this scheme. The Delhi Government will offer all applicants a one time settlement to help them pay their water bills. The single payment will be less than the original water bill. According to reports, more than 40% of Delhi users have received incorrect water bills from municipal water organizations.
Benefits of Water Bill Settlement Scheme
The benefits of the scheme is given below:
- Water bills that have been waiting for a long time will finally be paid.
- Citizens of the state will be able to settle their overdue water bills in a single payment for a relatively little cost.
- The Delhi government expects to collect INR 2500 crore from this plan.
- The amount of water bills for state residents whose bills have grown as a result of officials’ mistakes will be changed.
- Citizens of the state will profit economically.
- The Delhi state government will benefit from owning water bills.
The eligibility criteria of the scheme is given below:
- The applicant must live in Delhi.
- Applicants must have a functional water meter.
- The applicant must have received incorrect or outstanding water bills in Delhi.
The required documents of the scheme is given below:
- PAN Card
- Aadhar CArd
- Water Meter Bill
- Water Metre Installation Document
- Domicile Certificate
- The Water Bill Settlement Delhi initiative will only be implemented in India’s Delhi Union Territory.
- The system would be adopted to collect all outstanding income from water bills in Delhi.
- Delhi homeowners can pay their overdue water bills in a single, discounted payment.
- All residents who have received inflated water bills will be able to make a one-time payment to clear them.
- The Delhi government expects to gain Rs. 2500 crore in income.
How to get benefits under Water Bill Settlement Scheme
- First you have to visit the Official Website of the scheme.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Apply Online option.
- A new page will appear on your screen.
- Enter all the necessary details in the form.
- You have to upload all the necessary documents.
- Click on the submit button.
Bill Settlement Scheme 2024 was announced on 9 February 2024.
The scheme allows those selected to settle their due water bills in one payment.
The Delhi government expects to gain INR 2500 crore in income.