Different state governments offer schemes for the benefit of its inhabitants and the West Bengal state government has now announced yet another assistance scheme for the state’s fishermen. It all happened during the budget presentation, when West Bengal’s Finance Minister announced the beginning of the West Bengal Samudra Sathi scheme. In this post you get every information regarding this scheme such as objective, eligibility criteria, necessary documents, benefits, online apply.
West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme
Fishing is an important job among West Bengal residents. Fishing is prohibited between the middle of April and the middle of June. As a result, those who rely on fishing to meet their fundamental requirements face significant challenges. During the West Bengal budget 2024 announcement, the finance minister revealed the Samudra Sathi Scheme. All registered fishermen in the state would receive Rs 5,000 monthly. The money will be supplied to them for a period of two months. It implies that the government would provide them with Rs 10,000 in cash help over a two month period. This scheme would be implemented with a budget of Rs. 200 crore. This support will help about 2 lakh individuals.
Overview of West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme
|Name of the Scheme
|West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme
|Finance Minister Chandrima Bhattacharya
|08 February 2024
|Not Announced yet
Objective of West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme
This approach was primarily designed to help suffering fishermen between mid-April and mid-June. They would be given Rs 5,000 over two months to help them manage their finances. The money might be utilized to make various arrangements for their lives.
Benefits of West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme
Some of the benefits of the scheme are listed below.
- The scheme was initially announced by the West Bengal Finance Minister, Chandrima Bhattacharya.
- It was unveiled during the state budget presentation on February 8, 2024.
- Fishermen will receive Rs 5,000 between mid-April and mid-June.
- All registered fishermen residing in three coastal regions South, North 24 Parganas and East Midnapore are eligible to apply.
- To implement the scheme, a budget of Rs 200 crore has already been provided
- The scheme is projected to assist up to 2 lakh fishermen.
Some of the eligibility criteria of the scheme are listed below:
- An applicant must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- They must be registered as fishers.
- Only fishermen from East Midnapore, North and South 24-Parganas are allowed to apply.
Some of the required documents of the scheme are listed below:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Account Details
- Domicile Certificate
- Fisherman Registration Proof
- Mobile Number
District Eligible under West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme
Fishermen who are registered and residing in three major coastal locations would be able to apply under the scheme.
- East Midnapore
- North 24-Parganas
- South 24-Parganas
Applying Procedure of West Bengal Samudra Sathi Scheme
- First you have to visit the Official Website of the Scheme.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Apply here option.
- The application form will appear on your screen.
- Enter all the necessary details in the form such as:
- Date of birth, etc
- You have to upload all the necessary documents.
- Click on the submit button.
- Through this procedure you can apply for this scheme.
Chandrima Bhattacharya, the state finance minister announced the initiative on 8 February 2024, during the budget 2024 presentation.
Two lakh people from these three coastal districts would gain.
All registered fishermen from North and South 24 Parganas and East Midnapore would be eligible.
All registered fishermen will receive Rs 5,000 for a period of two months.